Risk Assessment Task instructions
Students who are required to complete a placement must complete the Risk Assessment Task before they go out.
The Risk Assessments relate to general classroom teachers (Math, English etc.) and other specific placements relating to Science (Laboratory, Agriculture). All students will be required to read the Risk Assessments appropriate to them before they attend their next school placement.
The Risk Assessments are found on the UQ occupational health and safety site.
Instructions for access
Please refer to the instructions below to access the website or download one of the following documents (the documents provide screen shots):
- Master of Teaching and BEd (Primary), Dual Degrees and Graduate Diploma in Education (Secondary) instructions
- Educational Studies students risk assessment instructions.
1. Login to the site
Login to the UQ Occupational Health and Safety risk assessment site using your UQ student username and password.
The first time you login you will need to complete a user profile form and save it. If you encounter a frozen or blank screen, click on the 'user profile tab' to open the form. Saving the form will allow you to continue.
The form requires:
2. Search for the Risk Assessment Task
- On the Search tab, click the 'clear all search criteria' button at the bottom of the 'search navigation tree' panel.
- Within the search navigation tree panel click on the 'Task ID' button.
- On the right-hand side of the screen the Task ID box will appear.
- Type 62067 (students who are studying to be teachers) or 32841 (Educational Studies students) into the search field and hit search.
3. Read and declare understanding
- On the 'Risk Assessment Console' tab, click on the Task ID number, then 'select' button at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the View/Print Detailed Risk Assessment link which is located near the bottom of the screen.
- Read all sections relating to the various Risk Situations.
- After reading, click on the Back button on the top task bar.
- Click on the Read button at the bottom of the screen. Click Yes to the statement: 'I have read and understood the risk assessment'. Click Save.
You will be able to see that you have read this Task ID by clicking on Who has Read under the +Email in the Search Navigation Tree. You may print the screen for you own records but the system will electronically record this task as being read by you.
4. Exit the Risk Assessment
Exit the site by clicking Sign Out on the top Task Bar.
If you have any questions, please contact: