Blue Card information

Get your Blue Card now

You must:

  • have a Blue Card linked to us to do your prac 
  • complete your prac to be able to graduate when you expect.  

If you fail to get a Blue Card in time for your prac, you may have to defer your studies by 12 months.

It is your responsibility to apply for your Blue Card, to make sure it is linked to the School of Education, and to renew your card in a timely manner. It can take up to 3 months to process a Blue Card. 

Already have a Blue Card?

If you have a Blue Card, you can check if your card is still valid.

If the card is current and was not applied for through us, you need to submit a 'Link' form (formerly an authorisation form) at the office.

About the Blue Card requirement

The Blue Card indicates you have passed the Queensland Government's Working With Children Check.  To comply with the State of Queensland's Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000 it is mandatory to have a current Blue Card supplied or linked to the School of Education on your person to be allowed to work with children and to be allowed into Queensland schools. Failing to have a current card on your person while working with children is a finable offence.

Visit the Queensland Government Blue Card site to check your obligations and rights.

How to apply

  1. Get the relevant form online or from the School Office
  2. You must sign the form in front of School Office staff and present ID (see form for instructions)

We will submit your form for you. Blue Card Services will notify you 16 weeks before your Blue Card expires. Apply for renewal through the School of Education as soon as you are notified.

Unable to come into office

If you are unable to come into the office because you:

  • live more than 50km away
  • have a disability affecting your mobility

please contact us by email at or phone (07) 33656550 for advice.